One of my guilty pleasures is snacking, I love it. Luckily I love healthy “guilt-free” snacks just as much (ok almost as much) as the less healthy ones. Kale Chips is one of those healthy snacks I’ve been addicted to for the last year.
After realizing I’ve been spending a ridiculous amount on buying these small packs with Kale Chips I figured I might as well make them myself. I can’t be that hard, right?
I found a recipe online and realized it’s even easier to make than I imagined. I wouldn’t even call it a recipe but here it is you guys. This is the basic version but I’ve mixed it up every time. You’re really free to add whatever spice or cheese you like, you can’t go wrong
- 2 bunches of kale
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat an oven to 180 degrees C (around 350 degrees F).
- Wash and thoroughly dry the kale, making sure the leaves are completely dry. If there’s any moisture left on the leaves you’ll end up with soggy kale chips.
- With a knife or kitchen shears carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Drizzle kale with olive oil and use your hands to gently massage the oil into the kale leaves, making sure to massage the oil well into all the folds and onto the entire surface of each of the kale leaves. Then sprinkle with your spices and seasoning.
- Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and leave the kale chips on the pan for 3-5 minutes before serving to they can crisp up even more
When they are done you will have a crispy, flavorful, healthy snack.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! What’s your favourite no-guilt snack?