Monthly Favorites: December

by Hanne on January 2, 2013

Hi there! Hope you are having a lovely start of the new year! The past two weeks have passed by so quickly, I have had such a wonderful time with my friends and family. As you probably know already I do a ‘Monthly Favorites’ post by the end of each month where I write about my most used and favorite products. Here are my monthly favorites of December, a couple of days late..

Caudalie Vinoperfect Complexion Correcting Radiance Serum
I love this serum, it makes my skin look brighter and more even toned as well as it reduces redness. The serum is runny and milky, it smells very nice and fresh and is a pleasure to use. I usually apply it at night, about 1-2 drops, and the next morning, I do notice a subtle glow/radiance. It is also supposed to reduce dark spots and acne scars but luckily I don’t have neither.  It also doesn’t clog my pores and I’m very clog prone, so this is a huge plus for me.

KMS Add Volume Root and Body Lift
Iove this stuff and have been using it a lot during Christmas. It really makes my fine hair have lift and look like I have much more hair than I actually do. I only spray a little bit onto my roots but my hair has so much more volume and does what I want it to do. It’s definitely a great product to use on your night on the town.

Aussie Dual Personality Anti-Frizz Conditioning Milk
With winter comes frizzy hair, unfortunately. This leave-in conditioner from Aussie really helps to prevent frizzy/electric hair. The texture is quite thin, though it is still creamy. I definitely do not apply this to my roots, just from the nape of my neck downwards. My hair is so fine that it really doesn’t need anything weighing it down. This product smells nice, and basically does exactly what it says it does.

Xen-Tan Mousse Intense
This is one of my all time favorite self tanners and it has been providing me with a beautiful, glowing tan the last month. It’s very easy to apply and the light non-sticky foam texture glides on very easily. While tanning lotions take a while to dry this mousse dries almost instantly. I love that there is hardly any smell to this product, there is no chemical smell at all, just a lovely vanilla scent.

Bioderma Crealine H2O
This has been a staple product in my skin care routine for years and I love it! It does a great job removing my makeup and is very gentle, exactly what my skin needs. I’ve been using a lot of makeup the last month due to all the Christmas parties and this product has removed my makeup perfectly without irritating my sensitive winter skin.

Deborah Lippmann 2 Second Nail Primer
I just wrote about this nail primer, which works kind of like a face primer. It gently primes and cleanses the nail for a longer wearing manicure as well as strengthening the nails. It also dries in only a couple of seconds which is great.

Essie ‘Let it Shine’ top coat
I love this top coat from Essie and I’ve been using it so much lately, it gives an amazing high shine finish and really does prolong the wear of my nail polish. The clear formula is perfect for enhancing the color of your nail polish or adding shine to bare nails.

What about you guys, what’s your monthly favorites?

Francesca January 2, 2013 at 23:53

I absolutely love the look of that Caudalie serum, seems like everything I look for in a serum! Great post :)

Hanne January 6, 2013 at 15:53

Thank you Francesca! The serum is great, I love it! :)

anahita January 2, 2013 at 23:56

Chi silk infusion: the best of the best silicon hair oils

Chi Keratin mist: works in conjuction to the silk infusion

Seche vite: the best drying polish, dries the polish in seconds and gives a glass effect

Mac careblend powder: so natural yet like a creamy powder

L’oreal elvive arginine hair mask: got it on a bargain and it’s amazing

Hanna, how much do you pay for Bioderma H2o? It’s like 27 Euros in Athens and I don’t know if I want to pay that much.

anahita January 6, 2013 at 01:07

Well, will I get an answer??

Hanne January 6, 2013 at 16:02

Just answered you! ;)

Hanne January 6, 2013 at 15:47

Hi, sorry for my late answer. In Paris I can get a double pack of the Bioderma 500ml x 2 for only 16 euros. The 250 ml cost around 10-12 euros I think. I don’t know which price is normal outside of France unfortunately :/

Daniela January 3, 2013 at 00:05

Your first post of 2013! :)
So, I literally came from shopping a few minuts ago and I found myself with those Aussie shampoos and conditioners and plenty other stuff and remember a while back you had talked about something from the brand.. Plus, your hair is very very very simmilar to mine and I can’t seem to find the perfect shampoo for my thin, easily breakable and very damaged hair. Is there any of their stuff or from other brands you can advice me?

Hanne January 6, 2013 at 15:54

I really like Aussie’s 3 minute miracle reconstructor and use it quite a lot in winter time and when I work a lot (modeling). I also really like Phyto, they have so many nice products with natural ingredients, definitely worth checking out! ;)

Georgie January 3, 2013 at 02:35

Ooh, very tempted to try the Xen-Tan mousse. I’ve yet to successfully apply any form of fake tan, though. Are there any others that you’d recommend to start out with?
Georgie recently posted..Review: Coconut Oil

Hanne January 6, 2013 at 15:56

I think the mousse is great to start with, you can also buy a glove which makes the application easier. I usually apply a moisturizer in certain areas after to make sure I wont get streaks. After about 6 hours you wash it off and then the tan looks really natural! ;)

Elisabeth January 3, 2013 at 11:47

I got the Essie top coat for Christmas and I absolutly love it! Four days ago I applied Essie base coat and an glitter polish from Essie, and topped it with the Essie top coat, and it`s still perfect! Do you know if it`s possible to buy the Bioderma cleanser in London? I`d like to try it!
Elisabeth recently posted..Hello lace!

Hanne January 6, 2013 at 15:57

The Essie top coat is amazing isn’t it? I absolutely love it! :) I think you can buy the Bioderma H2O in the UK now but I’m not 100% sure, I know some UK bloggers order it from a French ebay seller..

Celleste January 3, 2013 at 22:47

I need to try the Xen-Tan and hairspray :D It’s been a rough year hair & skincare-wise.
Fell in love with:
Bioderma eau micellar
Joico K-Pak Colour Preserve conditioner
CeraVe cleanser
Essie nailpolish in neutral shades
Uslu Airlines nailpolish (so cool!)
Sunday Riley Effortless Tinted Primer
and… unpasteurised Apple Cider vinegar – My skin freaked out and developed rashes for 2 months solid, peaking while on holidays, visiting family. I tried Aquaphor straight up, Kiehl’s ultra facial moisturizer, and everything people offered. The one thing that’s helped my skin fully recover is toning with apple cider vinegar before moisturizing. Bit of a *mind blown* moment. The next move was going to be a $50 treatment so I saved a LOT of money on this.

Hanne January 6, 2013 at 15:58

The Apple Cider Vinegar sounds very interesting, I might have to try it! ;) Thank you for the tip!

Celleste January 7, 2013 at 15:55

You’re welcome :) I hope your skin never goes psycho on you!

Hanne January 7, 2013 at 21:47

Me too! *Fingers crossed* :)

katie January 9, 2013 at 19:59

I accidentally bought the Bioderma Sensibo H20 but I’m not sure of the difference that much. So many people have mentioned it as a favourite I am thinking of trying to get hold of the Crealine one.
I’m also a massive fan of the Caudalie Serum

x
katie recently posted..Resolutions

Hanne January 12, 2013 at 08:44

I’m not sure but I think the difference is that sensibo is for normal/oily skin and the other for normal/sensitive :)

Mascarita January 13, 2013 at 21:59

I’m a fervent lover of Bioderma’s micellar water!
Mascarita recently posted..Groundwork de Mac