What really matters…

by Hanne on November 15, 2012

Today was my first weekday in very long where I could actually sleep longer than 06.30. I woke up to a beautiful sunny Oslo and 10 gorgeous red roses in my window. I got these roses from my boyfriend a few days ago, how romantic is that? :)

My OOTD (outfit of the day) was nothing else than my dear sweat pants, I almost always wear them at home!

These beautiful roses reminded me that it’s the small things in life that really matters. Small romantic gestures in the daily life are so much more important than big, expensive presents. As Christmas is just around the corner people are starting to ask me what I want for Christmas – I have no idea, I have everything – and honestly I think we are starting to forget what Christmas is really about. Christmas is a time for family and showing your loved ones how much they mean to you.  There are plenty of ways to show people you care about them without spending your whole salary. Remember it is the thought that matters!

Good night cupcakes! :)

Constanze November 15, 2012 at 22:39

Beautiful words – you are so right, Hanne! <3
Good night, sleep tight :) -
xx

Hanne November 16, 2012 at 00:02

Aaww, thank you so much Constanze! :)

Chloé November 15, 2012 at 22:51

Thank you very much for this beautiful note.It should be a reminder for people who actually only long for Christmas because they expect expensive gifts and such. Personally,I have turned to agnosticism,but I do know the religious meaning of Christmas and its values,since my parents are Christians.I am really shocked about how people get in a frenzy mood as soon as the Christmas shopping season arrives.In my opinion this is sick and people have a very twisted idea of Christmas,because it has nothing to do with shopping and materialism!It is about being with your loved ones (family/partner/friends), sharing these few days with them and enjoying each other’s company.I think I do not have to explain further…What I wanted to say is that I appreciate people like you who appear to be modest and very sensible.What you said reflects on your personality and in my opinion it reveals that you have a beautiful character :)

p.s.:The roses are amazing!You are one very lucky woman with a very thoughtful boyfriend :)

Hanne November 16, 2012 at 00:06

Thank you so much for your kind words Chloé! I totally agree with you, I’m happy to see that many of my friends feel the same way as me! It really is the thought that matters and my best Christmas memories are those precious moments with my family! :)
Bonne nuit ma belle! Xx

Tina November 15, 2012 at 22:54

Så sant! Veldig fint innlegg :)

Hanne November 16, 2012 at 00:00

Tusen takk Tina! :)

Marie! November 15, 2012 at 23:58

I love you Hanne!! Et ton pantalon, et tes roses ;) [En te lisant aujourd'hui, je comprends mieux pourquoi j'aime tant ton blog!]

Bises, et bonne nuit, ou bien bonne journée!

(je ne sais pas pourquoi, ça me rappelle une “blague” que j’avais apprise à ma petite soeur : “Sais-tu pourquoi les enfants Chinois ne croient pas au Père Noël? Parce que ce sont eux qui fabriquent les jouets”…oups!)

Hanne November 16, 2012 at 00:16

Merci beaucoup ma puce! Hahah, cette blague est vraiment mechant! :P

Bonne nuit Xx

Marie! November 16, 2012 at 20:48

Oui ;(

bises!!!

Thea November 18, 2012 at 22:49

Vakre roser! :-)
Helt enig i det du sier, synes det er så trist at julen har blitt så materialistisk!
Thea recently posted..paris snapshots