Top 3 Purifying Facial Masks

by Hanne on October 19, 2012

Hello cupcakes! The weekend is here and I’ve finally got my MacBook back, whoop! During the weekend most of us have some extra me-time and I love to pamper myself with facial masks and long baths. I try to use a purifying mask at least once a week and I thought I’d tell you about my three favorite ones.

Caudalie Vinoperfect Enzymatic Peel Mask
This was one of the first cleansing masks to my collection and definitely a staple. This is a 10 minute mask from Caudalie that really works, my skin feels so much cleaner and fresher after use. The mask is very light and smooth to put on, and it smells pretty good (considered it’s a peel mask). It is very soothing and after a while you will feel a little bit of tingling, this only signifies that the enzymes are working on the skin. All in all, this stuff is great and leaves your face clean and radiant, I would highly recommend it!

Skin Ceuticals Clarifying Clay Mask
This is one of the newer additions to my collection but also a great mask. Every time I use it my skin looks great – softer and glowing, the clog pores and impurities look much less or even gone on the next day. It really purifies and does not leave my skin feeling tight. This mask doesn’t dry my skin  like many other clay masks do and it is very easy to wash out. It really makes my skin glow which is attributed to the hydroxy acid ingredients. This mask from Skin Ceuticals tingles a little bit as well but I like it – I feel like it’s doing something.

GlamGlow Tingling & Exfoliating Mud Mask
I have written about this mask before and I absolutely love it. You can see my before/after pictures in this post. After application this mask immediately starts tingling which to be honest, is at the point of being uncomfortable. However the burning sensation starts to calm down after about a minute or two. The mask dries quite fast as well leaving a very tight “I-can’t-move” feeling to my face. After about 10-15 minutes my face is set solid as a rock-face and it’s time to wash the mask off. Not only does this mask make my skin more glowing but the texture also changes to feeling more smooth, soft and firm. After the strong tingling sensation I was almost expecting my skin to be a bit red and irritated, but not at all, it actually looked lighter and brighter! This mask from GlamGlow is definitely like a facial in a jar.

Are you familiar with any of the masks above? What is your must-have purifying mask? :)

Linda October 19, 2012 at 16:25

Hvor får vi tak i dette i Norge?

Hanne October 19, 2012 at 17:10

Det vet jeg dessverre ikke, tror ikke du finner verken Caudalie eller GlamGlow, Skin Ceuticals vet jeg ikke. Men alle de nettbutikkene jeg har linket til sender til Norge :)

Kristin October 20, 2012 at 13:25

Kikcs og Esthetique selger Glam Glow :)

Hanne October 21, 2012 at 17:24

Takk Kristin! ;)

Anya October 19, 2012 at 16:52

I’m in love with the Caudalie mask! Have to try other two! The Glam Glow one is my long time craving :)
Anya recently posted..A bright spot on a gloomy day

Hanne October 19, 2012 at 17:09

You should definitely try it, it used cost around 80 euros, now I see it’s much cheaper which is great! :)

Leah October 19, 2012 at 19:02

I like the caudalie vinoperfect mask. I really see a difference before and after applying this mask. The skin is cleaner and radiant. It’s perfect when I’m tired.
Besides, a little amount is enough for one application. I use it once a week and the tube will last a long time (I think and I hope so!).
When it comes to its end, I will maybe try one of the two others.

Do you use facial and body scrubs from Caudalie ? I never try it but I’m tempted.

eva October 20, 2012 at 12:22

If you like the Caudalie mask you should definitely try all the products from the vinoperfect line! I have been using the serum and the creams for a year and I see a huge difference in my skin- the acne scarring is gone and my face is even toned and glowing! I can’t imagine not using them!

Hanne October 21, 2012 at 17:23

I have almost all the products from the Vinoperfect line, I love them all! ;)

Hanne October 21, 2012 at 17:20

No I haven’t tried their scrubs, but I love all the products I have from Caudalie! :)

Lovelyliller.com October 19, 2012 at 19:13

ikke prøvd noen av dem. Jeg er veeeldig sløv på hudpleie..
Lovelyliller.com recently posted..Gresskarpai med pekanlokk – uten egg,melk og gluten

Hanne October 21, 2012 at 17:20

Hehe :P

Jeanette Havmand Andersen October 19, 2012 at 20:01

I´ve tried the caudalie mask on your recommendation, I LOVED it.
I´d love to try the GlamGlow as well, however, I find it a bit to expensive.
What skin type do you have – Would you say every skin type can use those three masks?
Have you tried the Omorovicza deep cleansing mask?
Do you use any Radiance boosting or hydrating masks?
Sorry lots of questions.

Hanne October 21, 2012 at 17:21

Yes I definitely think every skin type can use these masks, I have dry/sensitive skin.
I haven’t tried the Omorovicza mask but it’s definitely on my list on products I want to try! I use hydrating masks as well, right now I use two from Avene and Clarins ;)

Tianna October 19, 2012 at 21:05

definitely need to try the Glamglow ! x
Tianna recently posted..Fun Halloween Costume Ideas That Are Also Fashionable!

Hanne October 21, 2012 at 17:22

It’s amazing! :)

Blair October 19, 2012 at 22:29

Ooh, I loved reading this! I’ve recently got very into masks and just did a blog post about some of my recent loves on my blog. Feel free to check it out :)
x
blondeblair.blospot.com

Hanne October 21, 2012 at 17:22

I’m glad to hear that Blair! ;)
Xx

thebeautyheroes October 19, 2012 at 23:26

the skin ceuticals sounds fantastic ! xx
thebeautyheroes.blogspot.co.uk

Hanne October 21, 2012 at 17:22

It’s great! ;)

Taylor October 20, 2012 at 02:12

Hi Hanne, I just took off Glamglow 20 minutes ago :-) I love it too! I was just thinking how I would love to try something new! I think I will have to check out the SkinCeuticals one. I love clay masks. I am a big fan of Origins Charcoal Mask! Thanks for sharing
xo

Hanne October 21, 2012 at 17:23

That’s great to hear you love the GlamGlow mask as well! I have tried a moisturizing mask from Origins and I love it! :)

eva October 20, 2012 at 12:27

Hi Hanne! Have you tried the Lancome Pure Empreinte mask? It’s a white clay purifying mask, the best I have found so far! If you use it every week your face remains in perfect condition! However I haven’t tried neither the GlamGlow nor the SkinCeuticals ones yet so that I can compare them..

Hanne October 21, 2012 at 17:23

No I haven’t tried this mask but it seems great, I’ll pop it on my list! ;)

Marie! October 20, 2012 at 17:04

Hey, merci pour ce petit post, je voulais justement en essayer un nouveau. Je vais essayer le Caudalie ;)

Bises!!

Hanne October 21, 2012 at 17:24

Great to hear! Have a nice day! :)

alojamientos rurales en cantabria February 28, 2013 at 06:42

Wow, fantastic weblog layout! How long have you been running a blog for? you made running a blog glance easy. The total glance of your website is great, as neatly as the content material!