Home Deco Inspiration

by Hanne on September 3, 2012

The older I get the more and more I wish I had my own place that I could start decorating. As I’m still just a student that wont happen just yet, but that doesn’t stop me from some everyday home deco inspiration.

A few days ago I came over this beautiful apartment, the home of a Swedish woman called Nina Bergsten and I absolutely love her apartment and the mix of styles.

Images: by Marcus Lawett for Residence, via The Decorista and Nordic Design

As well as getting inspiration from some home deco blogs I use Pinterest a lot. What about you guys? Where do you get your inspiration? :)

Lau September 3, 2012 at 14:08

I’m so ready to get my own place and make it my own, but it’s really hard to get a loan. We’ll see, maybe next year ^^ You have amazing taste Hanne! Love the vintage big mirror xx
Lau recently posted..Old photo {Blah}

Hanne September 4, 2012 at 00:37

That’s true, I’d love to be able to buy my own place right now :) Apparently she found the mirror at an antique market in Paris :)

Lovelyliller.com September 3, 2012 at 14:36

fint,men for ren look og kaldt for min smak :D
Lovelyliller.com recently posted..60 diamanter man bør skrive bak øret

Hanne September 4, 2012 at 00:37

Jeg liker at det er veldig rent og minemalistisk, men enig at det kan bli litt kaldt :)

Kristi September 3, 2012 at 15:26

Off topic: Byredo Blanche!!! All three items of Byredo Blanche on the table!!! When I see this bottle of Eau de parfum, I don’t want anything else, but this!
To the point: Yeah, it will be wonderful to have my own place… but for a while I’m trying to create oasis in the rental..

Hanne September 4, 2012 at 00:36

Agree, the bottles and candles from Byredo are so beautiful! :)

polliani September 3, 2012 at 21:35

loooves it

Hanne September 4, 2012 at 00:35

Me too! ;)

Chloé September 3, 2012 at 23:24

I really like the apartment of that Swedish woman.I also like how she mixes old with new elements.Generally I like the way Scandinavian people decorate: very simple,but modern and classy with white,creamy and grey colour shades.I also admit that I love Ikea!lol…But I definitely know that there is more than Ikea when it comes to Swedish or Scandianvian interior style and decoration :) …
Somehow I have discovered my love for Scandinavian style recently: my watch is from a Danish label called Danish Design and I am so in love with its style and shape!I can only recommend those watches,because they look great and they are of great quality :)

Hanne September 4, 2012 at 00:46

Me too I love the Scandinavian way of decorating (not only because I’m Norwegian), I love how traditional wooden pieces are mixed with the minemalistic style :) And yes, luckily there’s more than Ikea, hehe.
I haven’t heard of Danish Design but I’ll definitely check it out. ;) Xx

Taylor September 4, 2012 at 02:05

Love your style Hanne! I actually have that photo of the dresser with white tray and Byredo fragrance and candles printed out and in an inspiration photo. I love the dresser, it’s a dream, did pick up a similar tray :-) I love all the white, gorgeous!

Hanne September 5, 2012 at 15:59

Thank you Taylor! :) I love the dresser too! Xx

Chrissy September 5, 2012 at 08:46

Wow, I really wish I could afford a place of my own but I can’t. :( Too bad, haha. Someday, I will be able to…and I’ll definitely make it my own!
Chrissy recently posted..Night Shade ~ Dark Purple Smokey Eyeshadow (EOTD/FOTD)

Hanne September 5, 2012 at 16:02