Overload of clothes

by Hanne on August 20, 2012

Hey babes! Hope you are having a wonderful Monday! After a sunny last week it started raining today and I’ve got a cold – great…! Who gets a cold in the middle of summer? I do, obviously…

As it’s raining (and I’m sick) I’ve just spent the day inside. I’ve tried to organize my stuff a bit, after living abroad I forgot how much clothes and stuff I actually have! At my mom’s place I have a closet full of clothes + six big boxes. Here at my dad’s place I have almost the same amount and on top of that I have lots of clothes in Paris and Rio… Believe it or not, this is what I have after giving away at least three (100 liter) bags of clothes, oh my…!

Am I the only one with this “problem”, or are there more of us out there? :)

Lau August 20, 2012 at 15:05

I guess with time, we sort of become collectors, whether they are clothes, makeup, skin care products, when we like something a lot, it is almost impossible not to accumulate large quantities. Of course there’s a fine line between collecting and hoarding, but still, it’s nice to have a large collection to choose from. xx
Lau recently posted..NYX Concealer in a Jar {Review}

Hanne August 20, 2012 at 15:10

Hehe that’s true! I have clothes for all types of weather and seasons and that does take some space. I felt like I was doing such a good job giving away so much clothes, but still there are so much. I guess we get some sort of “relationship” to many of our clothes or products! :)

Lovelyliller.com August 20, 2012 at 15:31

1 have a million clotes.. Having a hard time trowing them :/
Lovelyliller.com recently posted..Helt nye Iherb produkter i hus!

Hanne August 21, 2012 at 10:55

Hehe you’re not the only one! ;)

Constanze August 20, 2012 at 15:53

Hehe… I know this problem pretty well!! ;D
Get well soon, Hanne! ♥
xx
Constanze recently posted..Kleiner dm-Haul mit essie "Bazooka" aus der poppy-razzi LE

Hanne August 21, 2012 at 10:55

Thank you sweetie! <3
Xx

Kelly August 20, 2012 at 16:03

I agree with Lau that when you love something like clothes, nail polish or makeup that you want to have as much of it as you can. I really should clean out my closets as well.

Get well soon, Hanne!
Kelly recently posted..Statements

Hanne August 21, 2012 at 10:55

Thank you Kelly! :)

Miriam August 20, 2012 at 16:29

haha, jeg hadde også masse klær, noe opptil 5 år gammelt, men jeg tok et skikkelig krafttak og gav vekk 2/3. jeg orket ikke tanken på å ha så mye! nå lever jeg i pappesker for tiden og får (nesten) plass til klærne mine i en kommode. har begynt å kun kjøpe ting jeg virkelig vil ha/trenger.

Hanne August 21, 2012 at 10:56

Det er så deilig å ta en skikkelig stor opprydning i skapet og kaste/gi bort masse man ikke har brukt på mange år. Jeg kjøper egentlig ikke så mye klær nå, men gjorde det før da jeg jobbet på Cubus og hadde tilgang til Varner kortet… :p

Barbara R. August 20, 2012 at 16:31

If you have no more place in your closet… you can send me some of your clothes ;) haha I’ll take good care of them!! lol just kidding :)
I hope you’ll get better soon! Bisous bisous

Hanne August 21, 2012 at 10:57

Heheh, thank you sweetie! :)) Bisous

Adèle August 20, 2012 at 16:57

Hello Hanne ! I’m just returned back from my holidays in Biarritz (my favorite place in France) and I’m glad to read you again, I’ve so many articles to discover :)
By the way, I love Burgundy and i’m already in a burgundy mood with my nail polish Sole Matte from Essie.
Kisses sweetie <3

Hanne August 21, 2012 at 10:57

I’ve always wanted to go to Biarritz, it looks so nice there! I’ll check out Sole Matte from Essie! ;)

Zuzanna August 20, 2012 at 17:45

I wish I had that problem. I find it so difficult to spend money on clothes. Somehow I have a feeling that I don’t deserve them :O

Hanne August 21, 2012 at 10:58

Oh, of course you deserve them! But I know what you mean, the truth is we dont actually need most of the clothes we buy… :/

Selma August 20, 2012 at 19:11

I try to go through my clothes on a regular basis or else my closet would be overstuffed! It goes so fast :)
Selma recently posted..7 positive things week 44 + P52 #33

Hanne August 21, 2012 at 10:59

Yes me too, and when I start it’s actually not so bad! :)

Paula August 20, 2012 at 22:23

Wow, how are you so pretty?!
I love organising clothes/makeup too! Get well soon xo
Paula recently posted..Betrousse Summer Kit Review

Hanne August 21, 2012 at 10:59

Oh, thank you so much Paula! <3

Sylvia August 20, 2012 at 23:28

Hi Hanne, please do what color hair do you use? you have beautiful hair color … thank you very much Sylvia.

Hanne August 21, 2012 at 11:00

My hair bleaches in the sun + I have some highlights in it. :)

Sylvia August 22, 2012 at 21:17

Thank you very much. Sylvia.

Marikken August 21, 2012 at 10:11

Hei Hanne :)

Jeg skal til Paris i september med jobben, vi skal bo rett ved Champs – Elysees. Har du noen tips til butikker , cafeer og must haves fra paris ? Du har jo bodd der , så regner med at du er godt kjent :) Håper du kan hjelpe meg litt, har aldri vært i paris før . Gleder meg :)
Ha en flott dag !

Marikken

Hanne August 21, 2012 at 11:03

Hei Marikken,

Så gøy! Jeg ville holdt meg unna Champs Elysees, det er utrolig mye folk der og det er bare stress å handle der. Jeg skrev et innlegg for en stund tilbake siden, Paris shopping guide, der vil du nok finne det meste du trenger å vite! :) http://beautylovin.com/2011/12/paris-shopping-guide/
Ellers ville jeg kjøpt makroner (caramel beurre salé) hos Pierre Herme eller Laduree, det er himmelsk godt! :) Kos deg massen i Paris!
Hanne

quya August 22, 2012 at 06:25

heyyy!you look amazing :), where is your top from?i LOVE your sense of style

Hanne August 22, 2012 at 07:26

Thank you so much!! :)) My top is from H&M Divided ;)