Beauty: Made in Brazil

by Hanne on March 23, 2012

I’ve been wanting to write a post about which beauty products and brands to buy if you are traveling to Brazil. However, even though Brazil is the third largest beauty marked in the world (after USA and Japan) there are still not many Brazilian brands to find. Also, buying a brand or product in Brazil that is not made in Brazil can be a very expensive affair, as the import tax is very high. There are however a few Brazilian made brands, such as Natura, Granado and O Boticario as the most known ones.

Natura is a line of natural ingredients from Brazil. It is an Eco Friendly Company, some products have refill bottles, recyclable and recycled. Natura is a brand that only does home sales or sell through the luxury hotels and spas of the country, however in February they opened their first concept store in Rua Oscar Freire in Sao Paulo, but only for a limited time only.

Nail care is also huge in Brazil, everyone takes care of their nails and you’ll find lots of nail polishes and nail care products at every pharmacy. Not only will you find nail polishes in every color range but they are also very affordable at only about 3 reais, 1,3 euros. My only issue is that nail polishes this cheap might have some bad ingredients in them.

If you’re traveling to Brazil I’d also recommend you to get a manicure, pedicure and Brazilian blow-dry as this is usually a whole lot cheaper here than in Europe. You should also take advantages of the opportunity to buy fresh coconut water everywhere are this has a lot of health benefits. The healthy and popular Acai berry is also worth checking out, you can find powder and capsules at most health stores, like Mundo Verde.

Feel free to ask if you have any further questions about this topic! :)

Charlotte K. March 23, 2012 at 19:07

Jeg vil gjerne se en Brazillian blow-dry. Har hørt det er utrolig bra :)
Charlotte K. recently posted..Finn motivasjonen etter et nederlag

Daniela March 23, 2012 at 19:35

Hi!!!! I’m from Brazil and I read you blog every single day!!!! Love it!!!!! If you are still in here, you can go on a store called GRANADO. Its a very tradicional store of beauty products. They use natural ingredients such as natura. You can go on the EMPÓRIO BODY STORE to. Its kinda like the body shop or lush. Talking about other things, you cant go back to europe without a thing (bag, earringearring, bracelet,…) made of CAPIM DOURADO. It very beautiful! Enjoy =)

Hanne March 23, 2012 at 23:19

Hi Daniela! Thank you so much!! :) You are totally right, I forgot about Granado, I do know the brand very well and put it in my post right now ;) Thank you for all your tips, I really appreciate it! :) Have a nice weekend querida! :)

Paulinha March 23, 2012 at 23:10

It’s really cheap to get mani and pedi here, and get the hair done also.. i’m glad you’re enjoying! But the best of what you said, i would say is the fruits, the coconut water, the açai, hummm it goes well with the clime.. :D

Hanne March 23, 2012 at 23:20

Yes, I always get my nails done when I’m here, as well as my hair :) And the fruits, I eat so much fruits every day when I’m here! I really enjoy it! :)

Marianne March 13, 2013 at 15:53

Hey Hanne just came across your Blog, I love you brazil
beauty tips ;) I’m going to Rio this April (cant wait!!!) for 1
week. Natura, Granado and O Boticario are already on my beauty
list. Do you know any other beauty places worth visiting?

Hanne March 16, 2013 at 13:47

Thank you Marianne!! :) it’s been a while since I was in Rio so I can’t come up with any other brands/places right now :/